Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"I know guys in my hometown that drive by feel and sound." Evel Knievel

Cousins-Buckingham boys & Durant kids
Jeff Buckingham, was born & raised in Port Huron. His class of Port Huron High was 1970. I don't know much about his life there, but maybe you do. Feel like sharing the good times. We all had bad times so no need to share those, unless it is fabulously funny.

Jeff enjoyed going back to Port Huron the few times he did after he moved to Florida, met & married me, but mostly he went back to see family & to show me his home town. He showed me a draw bridge (on the Black River???) that was permanently up, he said he used to dive off it. He said he worked at Vlasic as a pickle packer (or something, he said women did one thing & men did another). He used to paint power poles & have to carry heavy buckets up paint up the tall poles. He had the most awesome forearms & biceps.

His extended family was the Buckingham's of Port Huron & Canada, the Coops of Port Huron & Flint, and the Durant's of Port Huron. (If there are others, I don't know them). His grandparents, Nelt & Zella Buckingham & Arlie & Janet Coop lived in Port Huron & are buried there. His dad, Joe Buckingham, just passed away on January 3, 2011, was living in Richmond. His Mom, Irene Gillis (nee Coop) now lives in Florida, but until this summer she was a part time resident of Port Huron & Florida.

The Buckingham Kids

Jeff's siblings are Joe (Butch), Pat, Sara, Leila & Lori. Everyone is gone from Port Huron now, but they are all well known. Jeff attended Port Huron High and married a couple of local girls. He has 3 children. Amy Buckingham Van Alstein who still lives in Port Huron & has 2 children, Tori & Michael.  His other 2 children Debbie & Adam (Andy) are living in Florida.

When he came to Florida he met & married me, Karrel and became an awesome dad to my kids, Danny, Davey, Nicole & Vicki, a good father-in-law to Pamela, Dave & Rich and the best papa a kid could ever have to Tori & Michael and Gareth, Sebastian, Bradley, Kaitlyn, Hope, Kylie & Bryson. He is sorely missed everyday by everyone of us.

I would love to know more about Jeff's life in Port Huron. Please, if you like, share your memories. If you aren't sure about posting it, just e-mail me "jeff  buck 5 2 at yahoo dot com" & I will let you know ;-}}}}

Jeff was my hero, he came in and saved my life & showed me that there are good kind and caring men in the world. I miss him very much. Jeff Buckingham RIP 1/12/2011


Jeff & me









1 comment:

  1. Jeff also worked as a chef at several area restaurants, as well as being a partner at a glass shop. He made beautiful stained glass art.
    We went to the Active Lounge together on many nights, and he always told me to sit somewhere else so he could hit on the ladies.

    He had a hugh heart and a kind soul, I miss him greatly.

    I love you, brother

    Leila

    ReplyDelete